Still Here: Native American Heritage Artist Application
November 11, 2021 thru January 22, 2022
@The Mayors Gallery
401 S. 4th St, Las Vegas, NV 89101
Cualli Tonalli, Good day.
We are having an open call to all indigenous artist of the Americas. The City of Las Vegas in collaboration with the Office of Cultural Affairs, has provided us with their largest gallery. We are currently searching for additional artist to add to our exhibit. This invitation is opened to any indigenous person with lineage in the Americas. The exhibit itself will be held in Las Vegas, NV. The application is open to artist outside the Las Vegas area. The city is willing to cover the cost of shipping for any art within the continental U.S. This will be discussed in detail for those looking to have their art shipped. Please review the following information to determine if you would like to participate in this exhibition.
The Objective of this exhibit is to show that despite centuries of genocide and colonization, WE ARE STILL HERE. It is through collective efforts that we create an experience that not only pays tribute to our ancestry, but also showcases our lasting legacy. The intention of this art exhibit is to shine light on the continuing stories of indigenous peoples’. It is to show how we continue to shape and create new culture. Most importantly, it is to display our ongoing resistance through creation and the ripples it will leave on future generations.
- All applications must be submitted by 5 PM Friday, October 15th.
- Applications can be emailed to Stillhere@quetzalvisions.com
- Please title your email as “Still Here: (insert your first and last name)”
- Please attach the following in your email:
- Artist Application
- High Resolution photos of all art work
- Selected works will be notified no later than Monday, October 25th.
- Selected works will need to be received by November 8th.
- For artists out of Las Vegas NV, Clark County is able to cover the cost of shipping. Please be sure to specify this need in your application, so we can work with you to ensure it is received before the deadline.
- The county is charging no fees and is in no way making any profit from this exhibit.
- If you wish to sell your artwork, please specify in your art description on how people can inquire about purchasing your work.
- There is no limit on submissions, but please keep in mind that not all your submissions may be selected due to the number of applicants. Please place submissions in the order of most desired selections.
- The Exhibit is set to open on Thursday, November 11th and will close out Thursday, January 22nd.
- Opening Ceremony is TBD. An email will be sent out with all reception information once a date has been determined.
Please click the links below to be connected to the application:
Downloadable link: Artists Application
Printable Link: Artists Application